Ten simple steps to recognizing and solving emotional problems own your own.
Many emotional problems are learned -- That's the ascertain in this Psychology Today article. Once you realize and accept that you play a central role in overcoming your problems, "self-help" becomes possible.
Most people with mental or emotional problems are making :
- You are too demanding and a perfectionist.
- You don't say what you mean, or mean what you say.
- You tend to be judgmental.
- You are afraid of making mistakes.
- There is very little fun in your life.
- You do not take responsibility for your actions.
- You set unrealistic goals.
- You cannot let go of grudges.
- You are unable to tolerate the inevitable frustrations of life.
- You think pessimistically or embrace a pep-psychology form of optimism.
Simply knowing how to go about solving your problems will make you feel in control of your life--putting you on the path to restoring your own emotional health. Article then goes on to suggest ways to counter each of the ten foibles.