- Game FAQ | Guild Wars 2 Release Date
- When will Guild Wars 2 be released? Quoth the raven: When it's finished. Guild Wars 2 is the largest project ArenaNet has ever undertaken, and we want to make sure we take the time to do it right.
- Guild Wars 2: A Budding Obsession - PC Preview at IGN
- Guild Wars 2 already poured me a cup of tea, inviting me in with a smarter way of doing this whole MMO thing.
Preview of GW2 based on 30 minutes of gameplay. Some helpful impressions.
- Guild Wars 2 - Guild Wars Wiki (GWW)
- Wiki for GW2. Pretty good amount of info on the game, which should help those "slow-on-the-uptake" players like myself get started.
- Professions | Guild Wars 2
- So far (I think it's final by now) there are 8 professions planned for Guild Wars 2. I'm really liking the ranger profession, which has the official description:
The ranger is a jack-of-all-trades and a master of them all as well, relying on his keen eye, steady hand, or the power of nature itself. A master of ranged combat, the ranger is capable of striking unwitting foes from a distance with his bow. With a stable of pets at his command, a ranger can adapt to his opponents' strengths and weaknesses.
- Races | Guild Wars 2
- GW2 will have 5 races and from the official website it looks like a Norn is a natural choice for a female ranger.
The norn are a race of valiant, shape-changing barbarians. Boisterous, strong-willed, and passionate, the norn are an independent people that swear fealty to no single being. They thrive in their mountain stronghold by the sharpness of their senses, the quickness of their wits, and the strength of their massive forearms. They are guided in this world by their Spirits of the Wild, who embody the virtues of the mightiest beasts. As a people, they are quick to anger, even quicker to smile, and treat each new day as a personal challenge. They drink and feast and hunt with equal gusto, and fear few things. They are steadfast allies and implacable foes.
- Guild Wars 2 - Top 10 Reasons to be Interested - YouTube
- I like his thinking on why Guild Wars 2 is expected to be different/better than previous MMOs. I need to do more research on professions.
Tags: Video Games