- Disability Planner: Social Security Protection If You Become Disabled
- Medicare Coverage If You're Disabled: Disability Planner
- We automatically enroll you in Medicare . Medicare has two parts -- hospital insurance and medical insurance.
So does that mean you have to be 2 years without coverage before Medicare can kick in?
- Fact Sheet - Temporary High Risk Pool Program
- In order to receive insurance through the temporary high risk pool program, an individual must meet the criteria established in the law. Eligible individuals must:
- Be a citizen or national of the United States or lawfully present in the United States;
- Not have been covered under creditable coverage (as defined in Section 2701(c)(1) of the Public Health Service Act) for the previous 6 months before applying for coverage; and
- Have a pre-existing condition, as determined in a manner consistent with guidance issued by the Secretary.
- Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board
- Health insurance risk pools -- state-sponsored programs for the medically uninsurable
- If you are buying an individual health insurance policy directly from an insurance company, your policy is individually underwritten. That means that you're essentially a "group of one" when the health insurance company determines how likely it is to take in more premium dollars from you than it pays back in benefits. It is, in essence, making a bet on whether you will get sick. If you appear to be a "bad bet," they simply won't make the bet.
|Good Calories, Bad Calories |
by Gary Taubes
Tags: Health Insurance