Turning Off "MAINT REQD" Light Toyota Sienna, Corolla, etc. - The MAINT REQD light goes on (first blinking, then persistent) to indicate it's time to change the engine oil. However, after changing the engine oil, the light stays on. I thought the act of changing the oil was enough to reset the warning, but not so.
After some investigation at ToyotaNation.com, I discovered the answer...
How to Reset the "MAINT REQD" Light on Toyota Sienna
- With the car started (ignition on), set the LCD odometer readout to total mileage (not trip A or B).
- Turn the car off (ignition key to the OFF position).
- Push in AND HOLD the button/knob that switches the odometer
- Turn key to ON position without starting the car. You will notice the maintenance light blink and go out.
- Release the odometer button/knob.
- Turn key to OFF position.
- That's it! The "MAINT REQD" light has been reset to warn you to change your oil in another 5,000 or 7,500 miles or so.
|Auto Repair For Dummies|