|Self-Made Man: One Woman's Journey into Manhood and Back|
Date: 2007-02-15, 9:08AM PST
1. Donít pick on the weak. Itís immoral. Donít antagonize the strong without cause, its stupid.
2. Donít hate women. Itís a waste of time
3. Invest in yourself. Material things come to those that have self actualized.
4. Get in a fistfight, even if you are going to lose.
5. As a former Marine, take it from me. Donít join the military, unless you want to risk getting your balls blown off to secure other peopleís economic or political interests.
6. If something has a direct benefit to an individual or a class of people, and a theoretical, abstract, or amorphous benefit to everybody else, realize that the proponentís intentions are to benefit the former, not the latter, no matter what bullshit they try to feed you.
7. Donít be a Republican. They are self-dealing crooks with no sense of honor or patriotism to their fellow citizens. If you must be a Republican, donít be a ďconservative.Ē They are whining, bitching, complaining, simple-minded self-righteous idiots who think theyíre perpetual victims. Listen to talk radio for a while, youíll see what I mean.
8. Donít take proffered advice without a critical analysis. 90% of all advice is intended to benefit the proponent, not the recipient. Actually, the number is probably closer to 97%, but I donít want to come off as cynical.
9. Youíll spend your entire life listening to people tell you how much you owe them. You donít owe the vast majority of people shit.
10. Donít undermine your fellow young men. Mentor the young men that come after you. Society recognizes that you have the potential to be the most power force in society. It scares them. Society does not find young men sympathetic. They are afraid of you, both individually and collectively. Law enforcementís primary purpose is to suppress you.
11. As a young man, youíre on your own. Society divides and conquers. Unlike women who have advocates looking out for them (NOW, Womenís Study Departments, government, non-profit organizations, political advocacy groups) almost no one is looking out for you.
12. Young men provide the genius and muscle by which our society thrives. Look at the Silicone Valley. By in large, it was not old men or women that created the revolution we live. Realize that society steals your contributions, secures it with our intellectual property laws, and then takes credit and the rewards where none is due.
13. Know that few people have your best interests at heart. Your mother does. Your father probably does (if he stuck around). Your siblings are on your side. Everybody else worries about themselves.
14. Donít be afraid to tell people to ďFuck offĒ when need be. It is an important skill to acquire. As they say, speak your piece, even if your voice shakes.
15. Acquire empathy, good interpersonal skills, and confidence. Learn to read body language and non-verbal communication. Donít just concentrate on your vocational or technical skills, or youíll find your wife fucking somebody else.
16. Keep fit.
17. Donít speak ill of your wife/girlfriend. Back her up against the world, even if sheís wrong. She should know that you have her back. When she needs your help, give it. She should know that youíll take her part.
18. Donít cheat on your wife/girlfriend. If you must cheat, donít humiliate her. Donít risk having your transgressions come back to her or her friends. Donít do it where you live. Donít do it with people in your social circle. Donít shit in your own back yard.
19. If your girlfriend doesnít make you feel good about yourself and bring joy to your life, fire her. Thatís what girlfriends are for.
20. Donít bother with ďemotional affairs.Ē They are just a vehicle for women to flirt and have someone make them feel good about themselves. Thatís the part of a relationship they want. For you it is a lot of work and investment in time. If they are having an emotional affair with you, theyíre probably fucking someone else.
21. Becoming a womanís friend and confidant is not going to get you into an intimate relationship. If you havenít gotten the girl within a reasonably short period of time, chances are you wonít ever get her. Sheíll end up confiding to you about the sexual adventures sheís having with someone else.
22. Have and nurture friendships with women.
23. Realize that love is a numbers game. Guys fall in love easily. Youíre going to see some girl and feel like youíll die if you donít get her. If she rejects you, move on to the next one. Itís her loss.
24. Donít be an internet troll. Got out and live life. There is not a cadre of beautiful women advertising on Craigslist to have NSA sex with you. Beautiful women donít need to advertise. The websites that advertise with attractive womenís photos and claims of loneliness are baloney. All they want is your money and your personal information so that they can market to you. The posts on Craigslist by young ďwomenĒ seeking NSA sex, and asking for a picture are just a bunch of gay troll pic collectors. This is especially true if the post uses common gay lexicon like ďholeĒ as in ďfuck my holeĒ or seeks ďmasculineĒ men, or uses the word cock (except in the context of ďDonít send a cock shot.Ē) There are women on Craigslist. They are easily recognizable by their 2-5 paragraph postings. Most are in their 30's or older.
25. When you become a man in full, know that people will get in your way. People who are attracted to you will somehow manage to step in your path. Gay guys will give you ďthe look.Ē Old people will somehow stumble in front of you at the worst time. Donít get frustrated. Just step aside and go about your business. Know that these are passive aggressive methods to get you to acknowledge their existence.
26. Donít gay bash. Donít mentally or physically abuse people because of who they are, or how they present themselves. Itís none of your business to try to intimidate people into conformity.
27. If your gay, admit it to yourself, your parents, your friends and society at large. Be prepared to get harassed. See rule 14. If someone threatens you or assaults you, call the cops. Have them arrested. You have no obligation to self sacrifice because of who you are. As a gay person, youíll have more social freedom than straight men. Use it to protect yourself. Be prepared to get out of Dodge if your orientation makes your life unbearable. Move to San Francisco, New York, Atlanta, or New Orleans. Youíll find a welcoming community there.
28. Donít be a poser. Avoid being one of those dudes who puts a surfboard on top of their car, but never surfs, or a dude with a powder coated fixed gear bike and a messenger bag, but was never a messenger. Live the life. Earn your bona fides.
29. Donít believe the crap about the patriarchy. More women are accepted and attend college. More degrees are awarded to women than men. Women outlive men. More men commit suicide. Men are twice as likely to be victims of violence, including murder. If you consider sexual assaults in prisons, twice as many men are raped as women (society thinks prison rape is funny). The streets are littered with homeless men, sprinkled with a few homeless women. Statically, women are happier than men. The myth that girls are being cheated by are educational system is belied by the fact that schools are bastions of femininity, mostly run by and taught by women. Girls outperform boys in school. It is the boys in school getting fucked over, and prescribed ritalin for being boys. Real wages for men are falling, while real wages for women are rising. Just because someone says something enough times, doesnít make it true. You have nothing to feel guilty about.
30. Remember, 97% of all advice is worthless. Take what you can use, and trash the rest.
|Self-Made Man: One Woman's Journey into Manhood and Back|