Pastor Jeremiah Wright - In Context - With all the controversy about Pastor Jeremiah Wright's words, I wanted to get a bit closer to the context. I concluded that the news hysteria is misguided. In context, the sound-bites make perfect sense and don't justify the inflammatory response generated by the out-of-context sound-bites repeated ad-nauseum by our shameful media.
When we adopt the opinions of the media, accepting as proof a sound-bite, we risk being mislead. We risk public opinion being corralled by a minority with an agenda. Again, we've been fooled.
- Bill Moyers Journal . Watch & Listen | PBS
- Excellent essay by Moyers on the return of Rev. Wright. Quite a sane, compassionate analysis.
- Rev. Jeremiah Wright - Bill Moyers Journal | PBS
- After listening to Moyer's report and Jeremiah Wright's words, I have enormous respect for the man, Jeremiah Wright, and for the work he has accomplished at Trinity Church. He's an remarkable man. A man whose church is a living embodiment of his values, leadership, and example. God Bless Jeremiah Wright.
- Wright's theology not "new or radical" | Salon
- Reveals some of the truth behind the myth of Martin Luther King...and Wright. Adds context and history to the struggles and values of black preachers. Fighting prejudice ain't pretty, but if these people didn't do it, where would we be now?
- YouTube - Tell the Whole Story FOX! Barack Obama
- THIS is the clip that must be causing all the controversy...but again, in context, I understand why the Pastor used the words "God damn America!" It's the crescendo of his oration that cites how the American government has failed black people, American Indian people, Japanese people, Japanese American people, and so on. In the context of the many grievous sins of the American government to its people of color (as well as others like Japanese, Iraqi, etc.), I can understand why the Pastor said what he did.
- YouTube - FOX Lies!! Barack Obama Pastor Wright
- I haven't seen the stuff Fox and others have been showing, but if the "America's chickens have come home to roost" is the worst, we've been fooled again by our media. In context, the statement makes perfect sense. What else did the Pastor say?
- "A More Perfect Union" - Barack Obama Speech - Video & Transcript
- In response to the Wright controversy, Obama delivers a brilliant, no-BS speech on race in the America.
|What Makes You So Strong? |
Sermons of Joy and Strength from Jeremiah A. Wright, Jr.