RealAge Makeover and Michael Roizen - I read YOU: The Owner's Manual about a year ago, and was so impress with its clear, accessible explanations about how the human body works. Just saw the PBS "info-mercial" on Michael Roizen, M.D.'s new program/book The RealAge Makeover: Take Years off Your Looks and Add Them to Your Life. Very impressive. Not partnered with Mehmet Oz this time, Michael Roizen again presents simple, clear advice on what you can do to stay healthier and younger.
Fun and Easy
- Laugh! - as much as 8 years younger.
- Sex - For men, 3 times a week. Quality sex for women.
- Sleep (7-8 hours?)
- Eat breakfast
- Foster friendships and communicate.
- Floss Your Teeth - 6.4 years younger.
- Learn - as much as 2.5 years younger.
- BREATHE...at least 10 full breaths a day
- 9 servings of vegetables or fruit
- Avoid trans fats
- Avoid saturated fats
- Seek mono- and poly-unsaturated fats
- 10 tablespoons of tomato sauce a week.
Vitamins and Minerals
- Not too much vitamin A - Too much will leach minerals from your body.
- Folate - helps gene proofreader.
- Flavenoids - chocolate from cocoa. (?)
- Vitamin D 400 IUs. Proper daily dosage of vitamin D. (I think)
- Fish oil. Either fish 3 times a week or by capsule.
- Calcium/Magnesium. Proper dosage and proportion. Take 600 mgs of calcium TWICE a day. One third the amount of magnesium, or 200 mgs of magnesium TWICE a day.
- Reduce Stress
- Don't smoke
- Avoid second-hand smoke
- Walk 30 minutes a day - can reduce RealAge nearly 5 years younger.
Roizen and RealAge Links
|The RealAge Makeover: Take Years off Your Looks and Add Them to Your Life|
|YOU: The Owner's Manual: An Insider's Guide to the Body that Will Make You Healthier and Younger|