- Jeff Hawkins on how brain science will change computing | Video on TED.com
- Intelligence is about prediction, seeing patterns and making predictions from those perceived patterns. And memory (not computation) is where intelligence modeling (AI) should focus.
- Michael Shermer on believing strange things | Video on TED.com
- John Maeda on the simple life | Video on TED.com
- Janine Benyus shares nature's designs | Video on TED.com
- I loved Janine Benyus' book Biomimicry: Innovation Inspired by Nature, and this is a nice primer to her ideas.
- Barry Schwartz on the paradox of choice | Video on TED.com
- Profoundly counter-intuitive. More choice leads to paralysis and less happiness because when we have complete freedom of choice we blame our selves when we are not satisfied, and we are less likely to be satsified because of opportunity costs--we can imagine being happier with something else, etc. Insightful presentation--particularly the last half.
- Keith Barry does brain magic | Video on TED.com
- Everyone loves a great magician...
- Martin Seligman on the state of psychology | Video on TED.com
- Pleasant life (feel good), good life (engaged socially and in flow), and meaningful life (engaged in flow that benefits a "higher purpose" than yourself). In the end, when you can craft your work, play, love to utilize your strengths, you will find happiness of one form or another. Meaningful life and engaged life was more....satisfying...than just feeling good.
- Jill Bolte Taylor's powerful stroke of insight | Video on TED.com
- All time favorite TED talk. I was overcome by emotion at the end by Jill's journey.