- If standing, turn slightly and rest your weight on one foot. If sitting, angle to one side or the other. It may FEEL goofy, but you will LOOK better.
- Lean slightly toward the camera Ė Adds interest, dimension, and a natural look. Think of creating a long neck like a gazelle, and tilt your chin down just a bit to avoid a double chin and an unwanted view of your nostrils.
- Develop a 'trigger' - Models can "change state" by using "triggers." Even if in a crummy mood, they can look ready for the shot in in a heart-beat by using a trigger or reminder to do what makes them look good. Most effective trigger: the rear cheek squeeze. Itís inconspicuous and works exactly like it sounds: squeeze rear butt cheeks together. Just ask someone to sitting on a chair to squeeze their cheeks together. Most will immediately smile and look better.
- Learn to 3/4 smile Ė Most people donít like pictures of themselves with a huge smile: it exposes the gums and causes eyes to turn into slits. A 3/4 smile solves the problem and looks more natural.
- Look slightly ABOVE the lens - Never look directly at the lens.
5 Steps To Being More Photogenic